Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Conscience, A Personal Golum

Daily Draw: Spiral Tarot ~ 7 of Swords

The two figures in the background seem to be made of clay, inhuman, not noticing. Yet the figure in the foreground clutches his trove and flees blindly. The clay people brought to mind the story of the clay creature Golum, who over a period of years proved the Jewish citizens innocent of a horrible Passover crime.

I'm reminded by this card stealing something sets off this heart-clamoring fear, acknowledged or not. A pencil, an idea, credit for someone else's work, incorrect change in the spenders favor, silence when truth could clear the air; mean word where a kind one would do, there are a million ways to steal spirit from our own soul and heart and be confronted by a personal Golum instead.

"A thief believes everybody steals." ~ Edgar Watson Howe 1753-1937


1 comment:

  1. This is one of my fave decks ever. I love the fox on this one, like something to pin the meaning of the card up on. I saw you got 3 of swords also this week, my fave 3 of Swords of all the decks I have! I know some people hate the minors in this deck for being so applepie english, but I kinda love them for that reason. So many cards in this deck was a real Aha, moment when I was learning the tarot.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn