Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kneel Before Us

Daily Draw: Merryday Tarot ~ King of Swords

This King, who can harness lightning, animal-speak, and fly, is kneeling. I don't believe I've ever seen that in a tarot king before.

I'm reminded by this card Kings are seldom elected, they are born into the job and radiate a thinly veiled arrogance. Even elected officials don't kneel except perhaps metaphorically for a vote or grudgingly when caught in a Weinergate. Now this would be an interesting King to meet.

"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love." ~ Khalil Gibran 1883-1931

2 comments:

  1. Was the owl that made this card stand out to me just now, how beautiful! Not sure I seen a King of Swords with an owl before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't that be something to see kings kneel before the people they serve? It might help them stay humble and remind them of their task - to lead by serving.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn