Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Aquiver For MQX

Daily Draw: Faeries' Oracle ~ Master Maker

We are all master of something, though sometimes we are too coy or modest to claim the title. Writer, quilter, parent, horseman...something. Whether a lifetime project or something we can do in an hour, that mastery will show through because we can't not be a master.

That said, I'm reminded by this card there is always something new to tackle and the next thing I want to master is machine quilting. Some samples by fellow Washington women:
Elizabeth Spannring
Karen McTavish
My cancer surgery is next Wednesday; regardless how that goes, by Friday or Saturday I will be at the MQX show being held in Portland for the first time. I can hardly wait to walk amongst the master works and be awed, inspired, energized.  (edited to add 10/22/11, I did arise and walk and other than fresh air it was pointless. This was a market for long arm machines with precious few quilts which were stuck in the back and displayed on the most gruesome soul sucking green background you could imagine. 0 stars unless you were looking to test drive a machine or take a class)

Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied." ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne 1804-1864

4 comments:

  1. That is some jaw-dropping talent! How in the world do they do that "puffy" design?
    I'll be sending good thoughts your way, especially on Wed. I might not be with you physically, but my mind and heart will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you well for Wednesday, and I have every faith that you will master whatever you set your mind to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good thoughts and blessings your way, Sharyn. And I have to say being among such amazing quilt art afterward will be great support in recovery - just looking at the patterns brings serenity and love. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck for the surgery and a speedy recovery!
    And thanks for that quote - I had to save it immediately. (I also love sewing but don't make quilts.)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn