Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

BFF

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ 10 of Cups

We students laughed like loons when our high school biology teacher said there would come a time when marriage was as much about friendship as sex.

I'm reminded by this card that he was right. Of the six girls I ran around with, one divorced and stayed single, the rest of us are all in our fourth decade of being married to the same man. I expect they would all agree with me their husbands are also their best friend. We have the best of both physical and emotional worlds.

"If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend." ~ Stone Temple Pilots

3 comments:

  1. Yep, I married my best friend too. I have friends who are in late middle age who are looking to snare another man; I keep trying to tell them that if they want a "keeper," they need to look underneath the outer layer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great thought to accompany a great card :) You have such wonderful little anecdotes and ways of remembering the meanings.

    The Four Queens:
    http://thefourqueens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear of such a joy in life - I hope that my partner and I stay BFF's for forty years, too!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn