Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's Just Like Them...

Daily Draw: Faeries' Oracle ~ Faery Guide

It's just like these dang faeries to fling this card at me today. Sixty cards and they give me this one. But this is just the way the deck is. These are not your run of the mill glittery gossamer angelic fairy types. Oh no. These fey have books published about them, which could more be deemed long winded warnings. Good Faeries' Bad Faeries', Lady Coddington's Pressed Fairy Book, Strange Stains and Mysterious Smells...On this card we are to draw our own fairy guide. I've been using this deck for at least ten years and so far all I've managed to do with this card is drive over it twice with the wheels of my office chair leaving some painful looking indentations.

I'm reminded by this card this is pretty much the way I live my life. Straight forward, open like a book, a hard taskmaster to myself. So it's the faeries little joke to see I've indented my Guide card, thereby leaving living proof of their existence and ability to bollix things up with such finesse that even a blank card has their mark and speaks their truth.

"You see children know such a lot now, they soon don't believe in fairies, and every time a child says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead." ~ Sir James Matthew Barrie 1860-1937

The deck this week is The Faeries' Oracle, 60 art cards by Brian Froud, 206 page companion book by Jessica Macbeth. Published 2000 by Fireside.

1 comment:

  1. This post left me laughing! I used this deck for a week, and the cards I didn't like were the "blue energy" looking ones. Want to guess which cards I drew all week long? :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn