Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

When It Runs By

Daily Draw: Greenwood Tarot ~ 3 of Cups

Joy spins out, spills over, reaches higher. I don't think about joy much here, the cards have become a way to identify a problem and how I can bring my mind to a better level, or my actions to a higher ground. But joy, that is a subject to be savored.

I'm reminded by this card my take on joy is it's an inner experience, much removed from happy. Joy is a stayer, it is still there warming even through grief or fear or pain, or boredom. It isn't something you can make like a cake or fake with a funny joke. To be honest, I don't know where my joy came from or what adds to it, only that it supports and circles me and I know what it isn't.

"Let a joy keep you. Reach out your hands and take it when it runs by." ~ Carl Sandburg 1878-1967

This week's deck is the Greenwood Tarot, art by Chesca Potter, published companion book by Mark Ryan, 1996 Thorson's/Harper Collins. Chesca wrote a much better companion guide, downloadable at her link above.

2 comments:

  1. I love this image so much more than three ladies dancing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have it! At last! Tell us the story!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn