Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dance On His Grave

Daily Draw: Faeries' Oracle ~ The Soul Shrinker

Hard to believe there are fun and funny cards in this deck, considering the darkish cards that have been coming up. The Soul Shrinker is the one tucking into bitter fruit when we do something malicious or wish a curse on someone.

I'm reminded by this card, back in those 20's that mostly embarrassed me, there was one man who I cursed maliciously (double serving!) and I'm still waiting to dance on his grave with delight. The only reason it still draws darkness from me is because it was my Rob he hurt, not me. Those are hurts that go deep, when they happen to someone we love, and probably why there is still a shrunken puckery spot on my soul there.

"In the dark colony of night, when I consider man's magnificent capacity for malice,  madness, folly, envy, rage, and destructiveness, I wonder whether we shall not end up as breakfast for newts and polyps." ~ Leo Rosten 1908-1997

1 comment:

  1. That fellow gives me the shivers. I too find it much easier to forgive a wrong done to me than to someone I love. I wonder why this is?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn