Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Eavesdropping

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ 5 of Swords

Spending the day in a super busy room with lots of people yesterday I had ample opportunity listen to and think about the losses and worries of others. In normal conditions these same patients waiting for surgery for multiple reasons would be the people you'd pass at the grocery, bus stop, or bowling alley and we wouldn't have a clue something was amiss.

I'm reminded by this card, if we did, it would probably make us thankful for the burdens we carry; because the burdens and sorrows many of my bedmates were carrying would have crushed me like a bug. My doctor is confident she got it ALL, every last bit!

"Bowed by the weight of centuries he leans upon his hoe and gazes on the ground, the emptiness of ages in his face, and on his back the burden of the world." ~ 
Edwin Markham 1852-1940

5 comments:

  1. ~ Big Grin ~ Full and Thankful Heart~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing and I hope you are well very soon. I also have sat in a waiting room and chatted with those around me. I made me truly thankful for the good things in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear the doc thinks she got it all! Healing vibes to you. And it's so true, we get used to our own burdens, so we sometimes forget how heavy they are - then someone else's seem huge in comparison. But we all deal as best we can with what we face, and you certainly do that with aplomb.
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn