Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lunacy

Daily Draw: Wonderland Tarot ~ Strength

The Lion and the Unicorn were fighting for the crown:
The Lion beat the Unicorn all round the town.
Some gave them white bread, some gave them brown:
Some gave them plum-cake and drummed them out of town"  Through the Looking Glass ~ Lewis Carroll


I'm reminded by this bit from Alice I've been taught WWII brought the world out of the great depression of the 1930's. I shudder to think how long ago the Lion and the Unicorn lost their minds; to think wars will jump start economies in this dimming world is lunacy, not strength. And to fight for the crown...double proof.

1 comment:

  1. It takes a lot of strength to stand against the lunatics, but I like Lewis Carroll saving his strength and using his own lunatic whimsy to oppose the conventional zaniness.

    I have a friend with this deck - every once in a while we get out the peppermills and flamingos -- it makes us want to play croquet!

    bless you Sharyn for the posts

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn