Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Power Of Wait

Daily Draw: Greenwood Tarot ~ Queen of Cups

We often see Snowy Egrets and Great Blue Herons here. Being so close to the Columbia River there are many marsh areas where they can be observed, observing. Their patience at the waiting game for creatures of the water is legendary, the only thing moving for hours upon hours will be their eyes.

I'm reminded by this card being still, and observing are life skills that must be acquired. From the time we can roll over or pull ourselves along by the elbows humans are on the move. That isn't a fault, but we do miss out on much that would come to us seemingly like magic because we've forgotten stillness and the power of wait.

"Patience is not passive; on the contrary, it is active; it is concentrated strength." ~ Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton 1803-1873
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Heron is one of my power animals and the Queen of Cups is the court card I resonate the most with... yet I struggle with patience, so maybe that is what Heron is here to teach me this morning. Thank you for sharing - love the quote too!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn