Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Road To Oz

I reread the Wizard of Oz last week. It had been so long it was basically a new story to me. I did remember the dog, and the brick road, and the lion and the fraud. I wonder if there is a book worth of missing parts to all my memories? It is sad to  picture my mind as some kind of collapsed parachute, all cover and no stuffing.

I'm reminded by this card, of that book. Maybe the memories are all there but we need a trigger like Faery Godmother to let them surface. For how could we function if everything was at the top all the time? Once again I'm overwhelmed at the marvelous machine we are born as; we are walking miracles, each and every one of us. Rock on...

"Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again." ~ L. Frank Baum 1856-1919

1 comment:

  1. The body is indeed a marvelous machine! I learned some things here that I never knew before:
    http://www.drscottstoll.com/blog/inspiration/43-the-human-body-is-a-truly-marvelous-machine

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn