Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Tulip Roots

Daily Draw: Wonderland Tarot ~ 8 of Coins

This is the only paragraph about the cards I could find that didn't have anything to do with painting roses, croquet, or tarts...

On which Seven looked up and said, 'That's right, Five! Always lay the blame on others!'
'You'd better not talk!' said Five. 'I heard the Queen say only yesterday you deserved to be beheaded!'
'What for?' said the one who had spoken first.
'That's none of your business, Two!' said Seven.
'Yes, it is his business!' said Five, 'and I'll tell him — it was for bringing the cook tulip-roots instead of onions.'


I'm reminded by this card, we've all worked, we've all had bosses who gave unclear instructions, most of us have probably been in trouble for doing a great job that turned out to be the wrong job. No need to go into inner turmoil, that kind of creativity registers in the bosses mind on some level and eventually comes in useful. This card is an example of creatively digging myself out of the 8 of Coins/Oysters hole.

"He's very clever, but sometimes his brains go to his head." ~ Margot Asquith 1864-1945

2 comments:

  1. So the cards don't come with the quotes from the book(s)? You seem to be matching them well all on your own. Love the Asquith quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the little book is a typical LWB as far as the minors go. It gives the reason for the majors though. Oysters is a bit of an odd choice as the only place the oysters appear is in the Jabberwocky poem. So is this a soldier card for offing heads? A gardener card? Nothing to go on except the spoon and pan. So I had to pull the reading out of my socks...

    I have the Looking Glass and Wonderland books, which were a good read as an adult, in fact I think these books were written for adults.
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn