Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Brilliance

Daily Draw: Deirdre of the Sorrows Tarot ~ Sun

You know those people in life, both personally known and those you 'know of'? The ones who are perhaps fairly normal (whatever that is) in most respects but who knock your socks off in some particular way? An odd list yanked off the top of my brain this morning...which will probably seem ridiculous on review, but what is a sunny day for, if not for fun?
  • Jerry Lee Lewis: I took piano lessons for three years, can't play a note. Am unimpressed with concert pianists. Oh, but if I could play like Jerry Lee...
  • Cathy Ditton: I went to school with Cathy for 12 years. Never once did I know her to be presented with a word she couldn't spell. Without spellchecker, you wouldn't see me here at all. 
  • Mae Maupin: She could...and I've seen her do it, with grace and style...make a meal for three adults and 4 children out of two slices of bologna. My house is always full of food and I freak out at providing a meal for company. 
  • Warren Buffet: He puts his money and his family to work. I own 5.3722 shares of BRK.B and am proud to be a grain of sand on his financial beach. 
A weird mixed lot, but then so am I.

"Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on thee,
and I'll forgive thy great big one on me." ~ Cluster of Faith, Robert Frost 1874-1973

2 comments:

  1. And then there's this woman named Sharyn I know, who may not be a concert pianist, but she makes the most beautiful quilts. But her true talent lies in her interpersonal skills with others - kindness and compassion that just seems to come naturally to her...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, Sharyn, I love her way with words, spellchecker or no, and her humour ;)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn