Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Burning Bridges

Daily Draw: Vampire Tarot ~ 4 of Cups

In the 4 of Cups the innkeeper tries to talk Jonathan Harker out of continuing on or conducting any business with the Count.

I'm reminded by this card of motivations. How sometimes we soldier forward based on pure intuition, occasionally we allow superstition or peer pressure to dissuade us, and sometimes we cower under our virtual beds out of fear of life and change and making decisions.

"The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn." ~ David Russell 1958-

From Robert M. Place comes The Vampire Tarot and 128 page companion book, published by St. Martin's Press, 2009. The four-color cards are based on Bram Stoker's Dracula and part of the fun of using this deck is rereading my annotated copy of that 1897 classic. The renamed suits are: Holy Water/Cups, Knives/Swords, Wands/Stakes, Coins/Coins.

1 comment:

  1. Your trimmed deck has convinced me to trim my own (although with trepidation). Those white borders were totally unneccesary.
    I look forward to your comments on this deck this week...I have cowered under my own virtual bed on many occasions.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn