Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ignoring Temperance

Daily Draw: The Chinese Tarot ~ Temperance

Temperance. Easy to say. Easier to flit from projects rather than finish one. Easier to eat the whole pack rather than pour a serving. Easier to drive faster rather than leave earlier. Easier to walk by the dryer than open the door and fold the clothes. Easier to spend rather than save. Easier to complain rather than correct.

I'm reminded by this card we are none of us perfect, but if we stop to think or focus...we can reverse non-temperance anytime. I raked our long driveway yesterday, nearly killed my back doing it and as I think about it that particular frenzy was probably so I didn't have to think about the mudding  sheet-rock job I've been ignoring. I don't know if I was born an idiot but I've certainly worked hard to become one over the years.

"Living never wore one out so much as the effort not to live." ~ Anais Nin 1903-1977

1 comment:

  1. I call that "strategic procrastination": avoid one thing by doing something else you've been avoiding in the past... I hear it's possible to perfect it as a technique to the point of actually getting most things done on time.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn