Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Reservoir

Daily Draw: Mythic Astrology ~ Capricorn

Winter solstice, the seasonal turn to Capricorn is nearly upon us. Like the ground around us our mental and emotional capacity comes to a more fallow time when we need to conserve and rebuild our personal reservoir. And what does much of the world do? Gear up and go full tilt in December, taxing our patience, finances, and strength.

I'm reminded by this beautiful goat and his background of worlds passed away and nature returning that human beings are the funniest creatures on earth.

"For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." ~ C.S. Lewis 1898-1963

1 comment:

  1. We are funny! It is so true-about gearing up in the fallow season. I need rest, but in addition to the usual work deadlines, there are now deadlines for decorating, cooking, gifting, connecting, celebrating - all things I love, but love less under pressure!
    I am a Capricorn, and the older I get the more I enjoy the contrariness-now I know why goats always have a smile in their eye.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn