Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Leo Rampant

Daily Draw: Mythic Astrology ~ Leo

It has been a week of unrelenting grey and rain here; to see our Leo standing rampant with his fiery light and heat is most welcome. Can we even begin to imagine a world before the energy of fire was harnessed to our needs?

I'm reminded this morning of what are now such common place blessings, heat for my home, a range to cook on, hot water, the radiation machine, and this week particularly as I take part in Bonnie Hunter's annual mystery, the electricity to run my iron and sewing machine. All forms of fire unknown as little as 250 years ago and still absent in some areas for the world.

"I sometimes left a good fire when I went to take a walk in a winter afternoon, and when I returned, three or four hours afterward, it would be still alive and glowing. My house was not empty though I was gone." ~ Henry David Thoreau 1817-1862

1 comment:

  1. Am very much appreciating central heating, too, as it's turned distinctly cold here. Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying your take on these Mythic Astrology cards, which I had never heard of and would not normally look at.

    Wishing you happy sewing, I'm sure you'll create something to be Leo proud of :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn