Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Engulfed In Flames

Daily Draw: Vampire Tarot ~ 9 of Wands

This has been a long year of burning away for me. I know I'm moving forward but only by hindsight will I know what actions truly helped and what hindered, what I probably should have done, and which move was dumber than a doorknob.

I'm reminded by this card even when we know we are moving forward which necessitates leaving things behind, life, like gods and congress grinds slow but fine. It would probably help if I had a fixed goal, but it's all internal...and engulfed in flames am I.

"This left me alone to solve the coffee problem - a sort of catch-22, as in order to think straight I need caffeine, and in order to make that happen I need to think straight." ~ David Sedaris 1956- When you are engulfed in flames

2 comments:

  1. I often wish I had a compass like Capt. Jack Sparrow, that would point in the direction I should go to find what my heart truly desired (rather than "north.").

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have the "it's all internal" feeling about my goals and also about my methods of reaching them. The external things burn away eventually. I had a big bout of losses 5-6 years ago - I know I am making a lot more time for the little, unexplainable things now, and sometimes it seems I am burning time. . .

    Thank you for sharing this deck. I probably would never have looked at vampire cards. (I'm glad it's the old nasty sort as opposed to the Twilight sort!)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn