Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Go For The Laughs

Daily Draw: Etruscan Tarot ~ 6 of Wands

Sometimes it's hard to measure success isn't it? I'm seeing this card today as my radiation doctor and me. I am mentally actually whipping myself to force me to keep the appointment.

I'm reminded by this card it is hard to measure success, because sometimes success in the adult sense of the word often means doing the last thing we want to or think we need to. And doing something that goes against my grain doesn't feel like winning to me. It feels like a failure. They insist it will prolong my life. But at what cost to my body? Yet off I'll go, pushing my sorry breast full of radiation tattoos before me. And I promise I'm done being a crybaby.

"Let the other guys do the crybaby stuff. Go for the laughs." ~ Rip Torn 1931-

1 comment:

  1. (((Sharyn))), please do go; there are many of us who want to see you hang around a bit longer. And demand that the doc tell you how to deal with the symptoms and give you something to care for your skin.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn