Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hopeless At Herding

Daily Draw: Etruscan Tarot ~ 8 of Coins

Funny how such a sparse image can bring such a flood of memories. The one off the top is the story my father-in-law told me many times through the months when his past memory sharpened and his present memory failed. Or of Rob when he was fostered out as a child and ended up milking 87 cows morning and night for a couple of months. Even with two farms we do Not have any milk cows and that memory is why. Of the spring calves on my own childhood farm, nothing much sweeter than a newborn calf. Of the calf I found floating in the river dead, tangled up in a downed tree, the mother bawling her heart out on the bank.

 I'm reminded by this card that memory is a funny thing, funny odd not funny haha, and to be honest I wish I didn't remember a lot of the things I do. We spend our days trying to herd our unruly mind, a rogue juggernaut if there ever was one, which always takes it's own path.

"A Memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen." ~ Edward de Bono 1933-

This week it is the 2006 tarot from Lo Scarabeo based on ancient Etruscan art. The Etruscan civilization predated the Romans and the art for this deck was inspired by or came from tombs and necropoleis in what is now Tuscany. Art by Silvana Alasia, booklet by Riccardo Minetti.

1 comment:

  1. Yet another deck I've never seen; I'll be watching with interest this week.
    We rented a broken-down house on a farm (I think they wanted a family there just to keep an eye on things). It was owned by the Sunnyland Corp., and they had lots of cattle. I can remember galloping on my pretend horse through the pastures, imagining myself as a cowgirl. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn