Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Know Thyself

Daily Draw: Mythic Astrology ~ Sun

From the book, know thyself is the essential core of the Sun in astrology. This reverses what has been ingrained by well meaning parents; we need to think with a capital I often enough to make a warm and lasting difference in our lives.

I'm reminded by this card we often think in terms of we because we are units in a tribe of some kind. You can see the problem in this by observing widows, widowers, empty next moms, new retirees. Some haven't got a clue how to think on their own, or how to fill their days with meaning and/or joy, or what they even think or know standing on their own.

"If you have a skeleton in your closet, take it out and dance with it." ~ Carolyn MacKenzie

2 comments:

  1. I went to school with a girl from Sweden, and I remember thinking how cool it would be to live in a country like hers. While she loved her country, she told me that growing up, she was not encouraged to "shine," in other words, don't make yourself look better at something, even if it is a natural talent. With the lyre in his hand, I think the Sun emphasizes that yes, we've been given talents and gifts for a reason, and sometimes we do need to shine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the glimpse into this oracle. As a visual thinker who knows only bits and pieces about astrology, I enjoyed seeing illustrations for some of the signs/planets. They helped me gain a bit more understanding of the concepts.

    @ thesycamoretree: Your description sounds familiar to me - maybe it's a European thing? I believe that we were given these gifts to USE and SHARE them, not to keep them a secret and pretend they aren't there. The latter is so damaging to the soul (in my experience).

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn