Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

See The Light

Daily Draw: Deirdre of the Sorrows Tarot ~ 6 of Cups

In this image we have two women, crone and maid, lost in thought. The crone appears to be both warming and cooking by her fire and a jack-o-lantern sits on her mantle. She also has a big jar full of coins. The maid relaxes with her lantern, apple of potential life, big home and a mystery box.

 Is the crone remembering trouble and sorrow and too much work and no play? Is the maid frittering away her life without purpose or direction, too much play and no work?  I'm reminded by this card both the work and play phases of our life are important and a good balance between gives joy to youth and age. I don't intend to have a tombstone that says "I wish I had of..."

"Tombstone shadow
Stretching across my path,
I got thirteen months of bad luck
Bound to be some pain.."  Creedence Clearwater Revival/Green River John Fogarty 1945-

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your encouraging words about my own fledgling blog.

    I'm enjoying reading the words of wisdom here, and looking at some of the beautiful decks you use.

    I wish you extremely well in your healing journey and look forward to getting to know you.

    Thea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reminded...when I was four, I accidently smashed a mirror. My 'witchy' grandmother recited the ills of my future....7 years bad luck. Although I was too young to know the superstition, I spent the next 7 or more years in and out of hospitals, ill with one thing or another. I look back and know those days were MY 'tombstone shadows'. I am an older woman now, glad that I am alive and have hope for the future. Thank you for the reminder! Be well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both for stopping by! Ivy, too many times I've heard friends say "I was always told I was: stupid/clumsy/and idiot...so that is what I became. A reminder that what comes out of our mouths can create a sad future for little ears.
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn