Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Supportive Arms

Daily Draw: Mythic Astrology ~ Jupiter

By myth Jupiter is the law and dispenser of justice and the top dog of the top dogs. Also known as Bel, ruler of hurricanes; Odin, ruler of the gods; Zeus, father of gods and men and ruler of lightening and thunderbolts. A lot of heavy capes for one person to bear.

Yet if you look closely at the image he is surrounded by hands and arms offering support and succor. I'm reminded by this card I am not required to be terrified alone. I've surrounded myself with good people all my life but they are not mind readers. All I have to do is ask and I know they will be there, physically or virtually.

"Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep? To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins." ! Friedrich Nietzche 1844-1900

I'll be using the Mythic Astrology oracle, 49 cards illustrated by Anthea Toorchen, 224 page companion book by Liz Greene. This set is designed as a introduction to the world of astrology.

2 comments:

  1. Got two hands right here you can lean on... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh well this looks good :) Looking forward to seeing more of this deck!

    Hope you have a beautiful and healing week ahead. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn