Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wait Silently

Daily Draw: Etruscan Tarot ~ 4 of Swords

Ever hunted for game or fished? Awful lot of silent waiting goes on. Being cold is usually required. It also involves a three-digit+ gun or rod. Three-digit+ outerwear. Four-six digit+ vehicle combo. Minus time off work income. No showers because you don't want to give yourself away by human scent. That wisdom usually comes from the chain smoker in the group. 'Free meat' is the draw. And that quiet commune with nature...

I'm reminded by this card zen can be found in the wait. Which isn't balanced by the cost and outcome, but still...draw your down time where you can in this cacophonous world.

"The whole wood seemed running now, running hard, hunting, chasing, closing in round something or - somebody? In panic, he began to run too, aimlessly, he knew not whither." ~ Kenneth Grahame 1859-1932

1 comment:

  1. I think "the wait" is why I like to get up so early, before anyone else (well, except for the four-footed furries). I don't really get any work done, but I enjoy the calm as I watch the sun come up...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn