Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Body Mind Spirit Strength

Daily Draw: Feng Shui Tarot ~ Strength

The mental and physical wall this tai chi practitioner has built will not stand for long as the growing tree encroaches on the corporeal space and the tumultuous mountains of real life overpower the mind. This buffeting is required to keep us awake, alive, active, aware...but we need to create a refuge to have the strength to go another round, go another day, create the mental sanctuary of the wall. 

I'm reminded by this card the beauty of knowing and practicing yoga is mentally you can go there anywhere anytime via Pranayama, breath control. I set myself something new to learn each year, once it was yoga and it was the best thing I've ever done for myself. A few blocks from the cancer clinic a Tai Chi center has opened and I've been thinking that might be my focus for 2012. I need all the mental and physical strength I can capture. 

"Do not think of yourself as a small, compressed, suffering thing. Think of yourself as graceful and expanding, no matter how unlikely it may seem at the time." ~ Light on Life by B.K.S. Iyengar 1918-

3 comments:

  1. A Tai Chi center - what a great opportunity! I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to teach myself via DVD, but would love to find a teacher. It is incredibly hard to move and keep you eyes on a TV at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I use yoga dvds now because for the last four years my yoga teachers classes have been when I can't go.

    I bought a tai chi DVD and it looks marvelous, but because I'm facing him to see the movements it is like trying to write left handed, I just flop about :)
    I wonder if there are any DVD where the leader does the practice in front of a mirror with the camera angled to the side. That would be way easier.

    thanks for stopping by, I'm really enjoying your blogs choices this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pulled the Strength card today. I often think of myself as a '...small...suffering thng...' but the idea of building a sanctuary, a place of power for myself, where I can be active and alive...well, it's quite appealing. Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn