Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ocean Junkie

Daily Draw: Gaian Tarot ~ Walking Alone

This image looks like the three mile National Park Service path that runs from the campground at Lake Ozette out to Cape Alava, the western-most point in the USA. About a mile from the coast the very essence of the ocean starts permeating the air, that's where I pick up speed. Ocean scent is my personal cocaine.

I've walked this path a number of times alone, camped at Ozette alone, and today I wonder what was I thinking? Life was simpler when we thought the only pervert in the world was already in jail, that ax murders were something from the Lizzie Borden story. I'm reminded by this pathwalker that was a long time ago, and today I'm on a different path, also one I walk alone. I keep telling myself it won't kill me to do it, with a weak smile for the small joke.

"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path." ~ Buddha, Gautama Siddharta 563-483 BC

1 comment:

  1. I'm struggling to find my path right now - too many vines, too much undergrowth. I have no desire for a label, but I'm floundering with no direction right now. I keep telling myself to be patient and persevere...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn