Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Support Team

Daily Draw: Gaian Tarot ~ Team

I can't stress how important having a team was during the three years I took care of my FIL, from mild dementia right through home hospice to the end. His children, my husband, his wife, plus the Home Health nurses who came each week...everyone contributed which made my load so much lighter. I'd do it again in a New York minute.

This card reminds me of an insight I had this past week.
Rob was home Wednesday and had some errands to run so all the doggies piled into the pickup with him. I got ready to leave for my daily radiation appointment and was suddenly frozen at the door. Panic stricken. I've been going for weeks now, falala, this is no biggie so why the frozen fear? That's when I realized taking my doggies with me every day has turned them into my own traveling support team. And just how important it's become to have my own little family with me before and after treatment. Never underestimate the power of unconditional love...

"A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won't be too bad." ~ Robert Wagner 1930-

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that last picture in the Kalama link - those two little faces looking ups SO innocently at the camera! No wonder they're such a great support team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, pets can be SUCH a comfort in difficult times.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn