Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wait Five Minutes

Daily Draw: The Chinese Tarot ~ Wheel of Fortune

Occupants seldom seen on the Wheel; phoenix, tiger, turtle, and dragon. Which led me to a twenty minute mouserace around the web looking at other Wheel cards and the wide variation each artist brings to their own deck.

I'm reminded by this card our own idea of good and bad fortune can also vary by day. Breaking a toe can be decidedly unfortunate if you work on your feet. But that fortune can be eclipsed the next day by a tooth ache, a big check in the mail, or a earthquake. Thinking "I'm on a roll this year" or "this is really a grim year" loses sight of the fact the Wheel is never static. Don't like your current fortune? Wait five minutes...it will change. If you are paying attention.

"There seems to be a kind of order in the universe, in the movement of the stars and the turning of the earth and the changing of the seasons, but human life itself is almost pure chaos." ~ Katherine Anne Porter 1890-1980

4 comments:

  1. These cards are beautiful. I especially like the Wheel - it's like looking down at a whirlpool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I re-bought this deck just this summer. Used to have it years ago but traded it away, and as so often, I wanted it back. Found a cheap cheap copy at swedish ebay and jumped for it! and stuck it back on the shelf. seeing it alive on your blog makes me want to take out my copy again. It really is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharyn,

    This year has certainly been a case of waiting five minutes for the tide to change. Talk about swings and roundabouts!

    Thank you for the combination of interesting cards, good quotes, and sharing your own thoughts ... I have enjoyed the lot.

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Don't like your current fortune? Wait five minutes...it will change. If you are paying attention.'

    I love this. Too soon forgotten but so very true.

    The Four Queens (A Tarot blog)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn