Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

We Are A Funny Folk

Daily Draw: Legend the Arthurian Tarot ~ 10 of Coins

A winter gathering in Castle Camelot. Look at all that light and here it was, the Dark Ages. I wonder what the average temperature was in a castle at 9:00 PM, even full of people with all the fireplaces going? I wonder that need and common sense didn't supersede convention with women wearing boots and shorter skirts. Can you imagine how filthy dress bottoms must have been?

I'm reminded by this card the past is often romanticized in both fiction and oral history. We are no different. Remember the vacation or job from hell? Within a few days we are telling stories and laughing like loons at life's hard experiences. We are a funny folk, humans. Perhaps that is how we have managed to mostly get by for 30,000 years, and maybe that is the real truth of the 10 of Coins. 

"The life of every man is a diary in which he means to write one story, and then writes another." ~ James Matthew Barrie 1860-1937
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness humans were endowed with a sense of humor. I think that is what keeps me putting one foot in front of the other some days!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn