Sunday, December 25, 2011

Who Ya Gonna Call?

Daily Draw: Feng Shui Tarot ~ The Hermit

Not Ghostbusters, but the Hermit who in this deck is the Feng Shui Master. In various stages of development in all of us, he is the one who guides in our site placements of life. Where our internal entrance, exit, and stairs are, where our physical location and orientation should be.

I'm reminded by this card of people I've known who are like fish out of water, flopping about aimlessly, who've never set or stuck to intention. Of myself and my insomnia. I've occasionally wondered if I'm simply in the wrong earth position and should actually be in South Carolina or Maine where my 4 AM internal clock would be a more convenient 7 AM...and how we'd save ourselves a lot of life grief if we cultivated rather than quashed this internal Hermit.

"The most important thing to understand in that feng shui is really about the energy that's surrounding you in your personal space." ~ Lillian Too 1946-

Up front this week is the Feng Shui Tarot, art by Peter Paul Connolly, 232 page soft cover companion book by Eileen Connolly. Published 2005 by US Games Systems. The suit system is: Red Phoenix=Cups=South, White Tiger=Swords=West, Black Tortoise=Wands=North, Green Dragon=Coins=East. That said you won't be seeing them as I've turned this deck into a majors only and have used the minors in a number of art projects. Each card also includes an I-Ching tri gram in the lower right corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn