Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yanking Old Strings

Daily Draw: Fairy Tarot ~ Empress

This Fairy Empress channels Isis, and encourages us to dig below the surface of our thoughts, actions, and particularly our beliefs. To ask the why questions of ourselves. This isn't a coddling Empress but rather a taskmaster who refuses to reward sloppy work and sloppy thinking.

I'm reminded by this card, asking ourselves why we do or think a certain way is a hard task. When we get to the bottom we often find the strings that run to old tapes, peer pressure, and habit. And those are the thoughts we most avoid. Yanking a couple of our own strings is rewarding in the end...

"I can laugh at a puppet show, at the same time I know there is nothing in it worth my attention or regard." ~ Mary Worley Montagu 1689-1762
 

2 comments:

  1. "When we get to the bottom we often find the strings that run to old tapes, peer pressure, and habit."

    When I find myself reacting with intense emotion to something or someone, it almost always points to something within me acting as a trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't we just hate that :)
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn