Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Am I Or Aren't I

Daily Draw: Harmonious Tarot ~ 5 of Swords

A stay or go image. Think about it or do it. Can or can't. I chose the Harmonious Tarot this week because it is probably the pinkest deck ever made and I'm celebrating being finished with my radiation treatments.

I'm reminded by this card of the cancer patient? victim? carrier? survivors mental crossroads. I've never met one that could take the path and walk away. Mentally we are tied to the disease for life. I could say: it was caught early, the surgery was successful, the margins were clear, the radiation is complete so I'm cured. I don't believe it for a minute though. There is no such thing as early detection, by the time cancer is found you've already had it 3-6 years. If the surgery was successful I wouldn't need radiation. If I was clean and clear I wouldn't need to be tied to five years of tamoxifen and extra mammograms. But for this week...I'm Pink. And clean.  I can believe it for seven days, surely.

"I never thought of losing, but now that it's happened, the only thing is to do it right." ~ Muhammad Ali (Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr.) 1942-

This week's deck is the Lo Scarabeo Harmonious Tarot 2005, based on the art of Walter Crane, with tarotization by Ernest Fitzpatrick.

8 comments:

  1. I am so happy that today you are pink and clear!!! Much love to you Sharyn, and thank you for being so brave.

    Lots of love,
    Amy (Mimers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can believe it for the moment and the next moment and the next moment .. that is all we have is the moment ..

    Someone close to me is fighting cancer treatments for 7 weeks almost half way through. He and his wife live the moments.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing your treatments :]

    I've been considering getting this deck and trimming it for a while, so interested in how this week's posts go for you :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks...sometimes I really just need a good kick in the (Y). I threw the vacuum down the hallway a little while ago. Someone send the waaamulance, Sharyn is having a hissy fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, having a hissy fit after what you've been through should be tolerated and forgiven. You should have filmed it though - would have given you lots to laugh about one day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see this particular card as how one would deal with this situation. Are you gonna sit down and take what's coming? Or are you going to climb that fence and take your chances?

    I am happy for the good news and sincerely hope that you continue to be pink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also thinking along the same lines of those 'in the moment'. And while you are pink and clear, right now, I am pleased that we are in this moment. My father is having a biopsy today and I am worried about how that will turn out. It's strange how he is 'clear' to me, until someone tells us he is not. But sending my best wishes too, hoping that this is a moment you continue to remain in.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn