Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Grieve For An Illusion

Daily Draw: Tarot de Paris ~ 5 of Cups

What it was, vs. what it is vs. what it could be. We will be at the farm later today and I'm hopeful as ever, that our broken relationship with my mother-in-law can be restored.

I'm reminded by this card the heart hurt she has done my Rob is probably irreparable in this life time but this statue's pose is not in our repertoire. To grieve for the illusions that were probably temporary to begin with is the fool's errand embedded in the fives.

"Sometimes illusions collide with reality against which they are dashed to pieces." ~ Sigmund Freud 1856-1939

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if there is some miraculous water that could nourish and revive the dried-up, shriveled souls of some people. Hugs to you and Rob...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn