Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Indignation Armor

Daily Draw: Harmonious Tarot ~ Knight of Swords

Would you believe a full suit of armor or it's predecessor chainmail weigh 45-55 pounds? The weight of the clothing of a fully tricked out woman of the era was also between 45-55 pounds. I find both facts astounding, but I'd have guessed the armor much heavier. 

I'm reminded by this card the indignation we dress ourselves in varies by subject. I can wear it all, on my very highest horse if the subject is child or animal abuse. For self abuse, I might armor up in a light scarf. 

"One's life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation, and compassion." ~ Simone de Beauvoir 1908-1986

1 comment:

  1. Did you see Coco Before Chanel, the film? Interesting how she noticed the weight and restrictions of women's attire at the time, and how she changed it.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn