Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Kilroy Was Here


Daily Draw: Classical Tarot DellaRocca ~ Tower

I don't remember seeing this before in the Tower, a little Kilroy sort of person in that third window. And what in the world is that sticking up attracting the lightening? And have I noticed a cannon on the roof before, or what appears to be a deck off the back? And where did the blue fragment come from by the figure on the ground?

I went through a streak in the '80's reading everything John D. McDonald wrote. All of the Travis McGee novels have tower moments to the nth degree, but his 1985 novel Condominium is about the tower itself. And my eye keeps coming back the figure inside, hanging on with all his thumbs. Will the base hold? Or would he have a better chance just jumping?

"They say I leave at night by the window of my tower, hanging from a red unbrella." ~ Camille Claudel 1864-1943

Last seen here December 2008, this is one of the beautiful historical decks Lo Scarabeo has reprinted over the years. Those few decks are a real gift as most of us could never hope to see, let alone own one of the originals. Published 2007, based on the 1835 Carlo Dellarocca deck.

4 comments:

  1. I guess that Kilroy guy will have a more open perspective once the top of that tower falls off.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful deck. I half expected to see you trimmed it though Sharyn :-p

    Today this card reminds me about how life goes on around us even if we are in the middle of a tower experience and how absurd that can feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of any LoS decks I've trimmed, there needs to be a reason.
    I may go to Lo Scarabeo in person and trim the word pentacles from their vocabulary. That is my big tarot pet peeve, using that word for coins/discs when there is no earthly reason for it.
    But then I peeve easily~
    Thanks for stoppping by,
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn