Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lonely At The Top

Daily Draw: Tarot de Paris ~ 7 of Swords

Thomas makes a good point with this card; by the very choices that move us to where we want or need to be, we often manage to cut ourselves off from someone or something else.

My hindsight is fine, I can look back on my life and see lots of actions and choices that put me in the loner category. That was never the result I was working toward but it's what I got. As a side issue I wonder if someone who is really at the top, say Hillary Clinton, has made any true friends in the last 30 years or just knows millions of people. Oprah Winfrey? She likes lots of people, it's in her nature, but as far as I can tell Stedman and Gayle King are her friends. And go back to 'before' the climb.

"The stoical scheme of supplying our wants by lopping off our desires, is like cutting off our feet when we want shoes." ~ Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

1 comment:

  1. "by the very choices that move us to where we want or need to be, we often manage to cut ourselves off from someone or something else."
    That is a very sobering statement; I guess it's a good thing I couldn't see into the future, or I might have changed my mind about some of the better choices I've made (knowing in advance what I was going to lose, and being afraid to let go).

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn