Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

All Aboard, Wands To Cups

Daily Draw: Tarot de Paris ~ Ace of Cups

In review, 2010 was a year of Wands, full of actions creating both big closures and renewal. I'm not surprised to see the Ace of Cups for the first day of 2011, I fully expect it to be a year packed with emotion.

Like this dove at the grail, my decks give me unlimited food for thought. I hope you find something here, thank you for visiting, encourage you to say hello occasionally and wish you the very best 2011 has to offer. Viva la Journey.

As far as I know the first of the photo-collage decks, J. PhilipThomas began photographing Paris with this deck in mind in 1981. Thousands of images later his 78 final choices were inspired. This first edition Tarot de Paris and 160 page hardcover book was published by St. Martins Press 2002. The rights have reverted to Thomas who has published a newer tweaked version.

Also used here July 2007 and September 2010. Suits are titled Swords, Water, Wands, Coins, courts are Spirits, Stallions, Queens, Kings. A number of the majors have been retitled.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Ace of Cups. I hope your cup overflows with blessings this year. Your blog and friendship have indeed been a blessing to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comment about your decks giving you unlimited food for thought, and thank you for sharing that bounty with us. Wishing you a wonderful 2012!
    Chloƫ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Sharyn!! Love reading your blog every morning and I look forward to many more quirkeries from you in 2012. Many blessings x

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn