Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Bollix I Say

Daily Draw: Minchiate ~ Gemini

Do you believe in fortunetelling? Bollix I say. If the future is already set, why bother getting out of bed in the morning, it will happen with or without you. Beware the Con messing with your mind if you are paying good money for prescience. The cards can be made to say anything they choose. Today's card will be an example.

Today is our anniversary 42. 41 missed the party because 40 was the worst day of my life and I was still working through the pain and shock this time last year. I'm not quite right yet, but I have physically, verbally, and mentally taken back our anniversary. How can the Con make this card reflect that if I am the rube with money to burn?

The last of the Minchiate astrologicals, Gemini.
The sun's transit through this sign concludes at the moment of the vernal equinox.
Litha, the time of the big sun is historically a time of parties, festivals, feasting, joy.
Go forth little rube, it is safe to come out and celebrate with your heart twin.
Don't forget to leave twin $50's on the table when you leave.

I prefer my way of using the cards...poking my ego, prodding my memory, peeking under my hood for surprises.

"Going to the fortune teller's was just as good as going to the opera, and the cost scarcely a trifle more - ergo, I will disguise myself and go again, one of these days, when other amusements fail." ~ Mark Twain letter to Orion Clemens, 2/6/1861

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you and your man; 42 years is quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn