Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Crossing Paths

Daily Draw: Marco Polo Tarot ~ Hermit

Two Hermits, crossing paths. One a scholar w/transportation, and one a monk. 

I'm reminded by this card, even loners have their moments of sociability, intended or not; and I'm betting humans had animal companions from the time they stood upright. I tag myself as a loner, but I'd go mad within a week if I didn't have my animal companions and the ability to reach out to other humans via phone, computer, or auto. Best of both worlds. 
If this were reversed and I were a fortune teller, I'd say you were about to have something precious stolen by the last person on earth you'd suspect.

"I only go out to get me a fresh appetite for being alone." ~ Lord Byron 1788-1824

A dual named deck, Tarot of the Journey To The Orient or Marco Polo Tarot. Published by Lo Scarabeo, 2002. Marco Polo traveled the world that was unknown to his Venetian countrymen for twenty-four years. The artist Severino Baraldi created another duality, the twenty-two majors all have two scenes portrayed. 

2 comments:

  1. haha so true, and i love the image in this card. if i was a hermit and ran into another hermit i would be rather excited - yes another weirdo loner like me, we can compare notes for a bit, excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If this were reversed and I were a fortune teller, I'd say you were about to have something precious stolen by the last person on earth you'd suspect."

    Geez, this one hit pretty close to home for me! That's how I feel right now, to be honest.

    This seems to be a beautiful deck, I did not know it! I am looking forward to watching you use it!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn