Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Dark Loop

Daily Draw: Mythic Tarot 5 of Cups

Psyche broke her promise and lost Eros, egged on by her sisters to do the one thing he asked her not to do. I wonder if I've ever betrayed anyone, hurt their heart badly. I really don't know.

I'm reminded by this card, when asked, the parents of adult children often have no recollection of the hurtful words or actions adult children hang on to so tightly, looping over and over in their mind. I sincerely hope I'm not the dark loop in anyone's mind.

"Love is whatever you can still betray. Betrayal can only happen if you love." ~ John LeCarre (David John Moore Cornwell) 1931-

4 comments:

  1. Perception is a strange thing... Makes me wonder how much of my past is "real" and how much is a big misunderstanding...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Quote! I am one of those the loop things and rage a lot and sometimes think it would be better if she could remember. There are a lot of happy loops in there too though :-D
    I am just so happy I am not a parent! I so would screw my kids up if I were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto for me, a blessing on potential children everywhere that I didn't have any :)

    Thanks for stopping by, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perception can be very odd. We had an instance in the family recently where one person could recall an event very clearly while the rest of us had absolutely no recollection of it!

    The Mythic Tarot is such a good deck. It was one of those I always 'meant to get' but never got round to. Now there is a new version but I prefer the art of the older edition.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn