Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Failed

Daily Draw: Journey to the Orient Tarot ~ Queen of Swords

I knew this card would come up today, and when it did I wanted to shove it back in the pack. My mother's mind, always sharp as a sword, is failing. Today I travel to see if my little sister and I can come to some safe situation for her.

I'm reminded by this card, I was supposed to be the safe situation, and I've failed. Dementia and cancer, what a pair of sharpies we'd make.

"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis." Ralph Waldo Emerson 1803-1882

4 comments:

  1. you haven't failed. life happens, and the fact that you have your own health struggles to deal with is neither you fault nor a failure on your part, just unfortunate circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes life throws us curve balls we just don't see coming...
    Hope you two can find some unexpected resources to help your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum is a Queen of Swords too, and has experienced compound trauma syndrome the past few years. It can be so incredibly difficult to watch at times.
    I agree with Bonkers, you haven't failed. Life has just taken a different journey to what you anticipated. I have been reading your blog for a while, but haven't participated until now. You seem incredibly strong, and to have gone through what little I have read of your story confirms you as a warrior woman.
    I hope that you and your sister can find a suitable solution for your mum, and one that you can find peace with.
    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kate...I don't feel like a warrior, I feel like the guy in the front line of a military assault. If I don't get smashed from the front I'm going to get run over by the guys behind me :) Either way I'm pretty flat.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn