Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jonah and the Fish, Too Close To Call

Proverbi Figurati ~ Mini Celtic Cross
Situation
I've had a hair-trigger temper all my life. It didn't take long to learn standing on it with all my feet and choking it with all my thumbs was the only way to get through life retaining any friends and staying out of jail. But when cancer got tossed in the pot, that temper... It's so huge and so instant it's out and gone before I'm even awake to the why. Looking at the environment here my info-junkie mind has to stop and wonder where he got the stick, but I recognize the hot white lightening running through his being.

The Challenge 

  • Somewhere from both within and without I need to design an early warning system or the big temper will eat the better me.
  • I can join a support group (not likely though, knowing me)
  • I can talk to any or all of my four main doctors
  • I can bow to the temper and just let it out figuring it is a form of healing
  • I can assume at some point I will have assimilated that ticking clock into my brain, it is said people can get used to anything, and then the temper will subside also. 
  • I do the equivalent of going fishing; staying busy and including things that make me happy and/or relaxed. See me in a year, we'll see how it went. 
The proverbs Googlishy translated:
Card one: Who can not beat the horse, beat the thing which can not fight back
Card two: Big fish eats the minute but the hour finds peace

2 comments:

  1. My hair-trigger temper has had me on the phone all morning (after confronting a man in a large digging machine)dealing with the city, county, and arborist group. I think I need to go sit outside and breathe for a while...
    Whatever became of your other tests?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one makes me think that sometimes my anger is misdirected. I take it out on what is available rather than what caused the issue. Also, maybe the reason the horse has exited stage right is *because* of the way the stick is being wielded.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn