Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Knit and Unravel

Proverbi Figurati
Needed To Knit:
Do I see myself as the cherub of largess? The benevolent benefactor? The Sister taking in aid of others? The down and out who could really use a hand up? In a well lived life I can say all these things. Which part needs some knitting? Today, the Sister I think.

When I had my brick and mortar salon I often sponsored others by bring them to the attention of my clients. Maybe this year it's time to Walk the Walk myself. A quick google shows the American Cancer Society is doing a local kick-off tonight, for this year's Walk For Life and Bark For Life...something I and my doggies could do for others? Hell yes. I was out after dark having fun last night. Two nights out in the same week let alone the same month? These cards are little instigators...

Need to Unravel:
By the same token, there are things I'd love to do for the betterment of the world; for one, take every person who raped in the name of a cause/war and hang them by the testicles until dead. Would that help lighten the load of the world? I don't know, don't even know if it would make me feel better, probably not. What did our mother's teach us? Two wrongs don't make a right.

I need to let some of the crushing weight of the world go in order to clear my mind for fights that might or can make a difference. Engaging in unwinnable global battles of the mind obscures real potential for personal movement and change, within and without.

Mitelli's Proverbs? Googlishly translated:
I grow never too poor to give alms.
He who has nothing but anger dies.

1 comment:

  1. The is the first time I've ever heard of Bark for Life - now that sounds like fun, but I'm not sure if my 15 yr. old boy would be able to walk very far.
    I can very much relate to the second card - wanting to change to the world in big ways (but getting nowhere).

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn