Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Magic and Skills

Daily Draw: Minchiate ~ Juggler Magician

I spent some time yesterday with a woman who knew her job inside and out and came away full of respect and useful new knowledge.

I'm reminded by this card as I often am, watching someone perform a job well is as good as paid entertainment. It takes "walk in someone else's shoes" to a whole new level.

"If I had more skill in what I'm attempting, I wouldn't need so much courage." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant 1933-

4 comments:

  1. I have to remember (when I am in awe of such people) that they too, had to pay their dues and learn from the ground up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering why the boy in the card looks so frightened? Or maybe he is unsure of what the magician is offering?

    ReplyDelete
  3. when I was his age I was scared of everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always got along better with adults than kids my own age. Grandmother said it was because I was an 'old soul'. The boy may be frightened but I do see a manner of respect.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn