Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Personal Delphi

Daily Draw: Mythic Tarot ~ Sun

Apollo in all his physical glory, nicknamed Phoebus which means The Brilliant. One of his many tales involves setting off to make his own sanctuary, Delphi. For a tired mother with a house full of kids, a locked bathroom door can be a sanctuary, we can make one when we need it, but when I think of the word it is always with a capital S.

I'm reminded by this card how incredibly important my personal sanctuary is at the farm, which I've spoken of often on my KalamaQuilts blog. It wasn't planned, only came about because it spoke so strongly to my heart. I have one forming here at home, also accidental; I've been walking back and forth across it for 22 years...but it was only last year that it spoke to me. Now to step onto it can both raise the hair on the back of my neck, and calm and soothe my heart instantly. Blessings of Apollo have indeed shone upon me, to have two places of power and peace that require nothing but my presence.

Sanc-tu-ar-y /'saNG(k)CHoo,ere/  Noun: A place of refuge or safety.
Inscribed on the Temple of Apollo at Delphi: "Know Thyself"

2 comments:

  1. I love having a place where I can step out of time and place briefly. My sanity depends on it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delphi is near the top of my bucket list... :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn