Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Simply Beautiful

Daily Draw: Mythic Tarot ~ 3 of Cups

Psyche and Eros, in happier times. 

This card reminds me to wonder why big expensive weddings seem to be so important. In truth the wedding itself is least important, what is crucial is each day that follows needs to be viewed as the most important day of the marriage. With none of the consumer-driven hoopla to obscure the key thing, one couple, on their own, making a team.

"Are there good third-party software packages or tools that can be used to manage labor and material estimates during the project process?" ~ Question on wedding forum

4 comments:

  1. That quote made me laugh out loud. :) Amazing that weddings have become such a big business. And I agree wholeheartedly with you that each day following the "big day" should be the focus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true. but then, everything is commercialized these days, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this deck with a passion... I think it'll be my next trimming vict--- I mean, experiment! :)

    People tend to focus too much on how the relationship appears outside... I think it's a bit out of fear of not finding inside them what takes to make a relationship work. Love, respect, friendship, acceptance. It's easier to try to make it appear perfect than to know, within you, that you are your partner - and your relationship - are imperfect, but wonderful and worth it nonetheless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are pretty big cards, my deck is semi-trimmed. The bottom clear off to the thin inner border, and the same amount off the top to the line above the title. That much didn't brick up the deck either :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn