Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Sword Without Impetus

Daily Draw: Mythic Tarot ~ 5 of Swords

The suit of Swords tells the final chapter of the House of Atreus which begins with King Tantalos chopping his son to bits and feeding him to the gods for dinner. For that crime and arrogance his line was cursed. Reader's Digest Condensed version? The chopping continues unabated.
In this five we see Orestes, pinned by the curse, being offered a sword to kill his mother.

Rather than give the plot away...(in this deck I chose for the gentle vibes...) the dreadful new sword hanging over me since November has been stayed, maybe for now, maybe forever. Carrying forward from my January 22 post, I'll know it's still there with it's vile poison, but I've been released from cowering on the ground. A sword without impetus is akin to no sword at all.

"Mankind's greatest gift, and also its greatest curse, is that we have free choice. We can make our choices built from love or from fear." ~ Elisabeth K├╝bler-Ross 1926-2004

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are safe for now at least.
    I think I like this deck very much by the way. It just seems like an honest deck and I love Greek mythology. Actually my fave book of all times is the play by Aischylos where he writes about Orestes :-D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn