Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Thought First Action Second

Daily Draw: Marco Polo Tarot ~ Hierophant

The further I get from any god, the more I admire the historically documented figures who chose to walk the good walk. I'd like to think of this image as Gandhi drawing strength and inspiration from peaceful thoughtful  men who had gone before him. 

I'm reminded by these three Hierophants walking the walk requires putting one foot in front of the other, keeping the foot that isn't on the ground out of the mouth, and do unto others. Today we have an opportunity to do unto someone else what we'd like to see done unto us... thoughtful spirit and generous heart. I think he'll remember for a long time and carry it forward.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi 1869-1948

1 comment:

  1. You know, I don't think Jesus, Buddha, or Gandhi wanted to be turned into idols of worship; I believe they only wanted to spread their message of compassion. Funny how we humans seem to put our own spin on everything to suit our own purpose. Great post and quote today. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn