Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

What to do, what to do?

Daily Draw: Mythic Tarot ~ 7 of Coins

In this card we see Daedalus, who has built up wealth and position under King Minos, being offered door number three. Which may hold success beyond his imaginings or failure and ruin.

This card reminds me of the Rich Dad Poor Dad theory, our human nature clings to the path of what we've known, we seldom strike out for the potential because of fear of change, and/or fear of success, or even because the idea never entered our head. Big success can create problems of it's own. What to do, what to do? So most continue on with what they know. That isn't a sin, just human nature. Daedalus choose door three by the way.

"A sobering thought; what if, at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?" ~ Jane Wagner 1935-

2 comments:

  1. Well, Daedalus eventually got in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation - obey the king or the queen? Geez! And it was his own fear of change and fear of challenging what he saw as a bad situation that got him there in the first place...

    Sorry, I am rambling, lol!

    I love the quotes you use in your posts! They have been quite inspiring to me, so thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes finding the right quote takes as long as writing the post! I've been introduced to so many interesting people in those searches though, people I'd have no hope of having heard of otherwise.

    thanks for stopping by, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn