Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Elephant in the Room

Daily Draw: Shaman's Oracle ~ Spirit of Challenge

Have you heard the term 'there is an elephant in the room'? It means there is something going on or not going on that everyone involved either refuses to see or can't see, comes to the same thing. The elephant takes the proportions of a complete roadblock to anything else beyond it.

I'm reminded by this card the book I'm reading this week has given me two new exciting interesting valuable tools for cutting down my own elephant. I can see the elephant, I've been prying at it for a year. It is no longer black blocking out the sun... but it's still too big to kick to the curb. I have great hopes for a leap forward this month.

"To be angry or fearful is one thing. To let it grab you by the tail and swing you around is another." ~ Katherine Paterson 1932-

6 comments:

  1. Oh what book are you reading? This card is one of the scariest looking in the deck, this and the angry ant one. But this one is intentionally scary, as a gargoyle warding off another evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to share the tools or the name of the book? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making the Gods Work For You, Caroline W. Casey. I can't tell you how many books I've read on Astrology over the years, in fact it was my focus of learning in 2009, but they have left my brain as they found it, empty :)

    This one has made the planets via the characters (gods if you will) they were named for seem more like people with personalities I can actually remember. And there is lots of excellent wordsmithing, phrases that I like to roll over in my mind. I'm already looking forward to reading it again...
    thanks for stopping by, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayer sticks, or as I prefer to think of it, power sticks. I intend to incorporate these in two different ways, by physically hanging them on the trees at the farm, and using them in my full moon rituals, the ideas behind them, not the sticks themselves...more paper burning process things. It is in the Mars chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This painting reminds me of the old Western shows, where one fellow is about to draw his gun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the book-tip. I am like you when it comes to astrology, my brain is like a sieve. No mater what I cram into it, it just all pours out, unless I got something of a story to hang it all up on. So perhaps this book is the thing, gonna check it out :-D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn